TERMS & CONDITIONS
We do not require a signed agreement.
Your use of any services or resource provided by Clyde Resources Ltd, including this website, denote your complete agreement with and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all aspects of the provision of Services by Clyde Resources Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts registered number SC353174 as hereinafter defined as “The Company”. Having its registered office at Clyde Offices, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP hereinafter defined as “The Premises”. The person taking out a service with The Company will be defined hereinafter as ”The Customer”.
- No amendments to these terms and conditions shall be effective unless agreed to in writing by The Company.
- The Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland and all matters relating thereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts, without prejudice of the rights of the Service Provider to seek recovery of any sums due before any competent Court
- By using the services offered by the The Company you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age and you will not use any of our services fraudulent, unlawful or for abusive purposes.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any literature, quotation, email, price list, invoice or other document or information issued by The Company shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of The Company.
- This Agreement is for the initial fixed term period as set out at sign up, and all services are extended automatically on a monthly, 6 month, annual or ad hoc basis thereafter, depending on the frequency chosen when signing up.
- The Customer agrees to hold a valid payment card with The Company, in which future payments will automatically be taken.
- For the renewal of services, The Company will issue an invoice by email to The Customer with payment taken on or around 3 days after. The Company will provide no further notice of renewal, it’s The Customers responsibility to cancel in writing by email prior to payment being taken.
- If The Customer breaches any of these Terms and Conditions or doesn’t keep payments up to date, The Company may suspend or terminate the services forthwith.
- The Company may in its absolute discretion refuse to provide or cancel any or all services under various circumstances, & / or refuse to accept delivery’s, accept calls or carry out work for any reason. This will be determined by The Company at their discretion, and determination on the matter will be final, and not subject to discussion. There will be no refunds for early termination by The Company.
- When paying by card you are authorising The Company to send instructions to the financial institution that issued The Customer’s card to take payments from the card account in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Refunds are at the sole discretion of The Company.
- All prices quoted or shown are exclusive of VAT. The Company will add the appropriate rate to The Customers invoice.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that at times The Company may perform the Services through sub-contractors.
- The Company is obliged to maintain accurate and current details of The Customer as required by relevant UK authorities. These requirements may change from time to time. The Customer will promptly advise any change in details and provide all information reasonably requested and accepts that mail and packages may be withheld and/or inspected at the Company’s discretion, pending investigation of information provided.
- During the period of this Agreement and for a period of six months after it ends. The Customer will not knowingly solicit or offer employment to any of The Company’s staff. It is acknowledged that the party in breach shall pay the non-breaching party the equivalent of one year’s salary from any employee. This Clause is not intended to restrict either party from employing an individual who responds in good faith and independently to an advertisement that is made to the public at large.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations or services if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, flood or failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system.
- If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- The Company shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time but this right shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by The Customer upon making a purchase until The Customers next invoice occurs. The renewal by The Customer of the Services will be deemed acceptable of The Company’s current Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits the liability of The Company:
- for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or
- or any damage or liability incurred by The Customer because of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Service Provider.
20.1 The Company shall not be liable to The Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms for:
(a) loss of profits;
(b) loss of sales or business;
(C) loss of agreements or contracts;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of or damage to goodwill;
(f) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
(g) any indirect or consequential loss.
20.2 Subject to clause 20. and clause 20.1, The Company’s total liability to The Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be limited to:
(a) £200 per claim or series of connected claims; and
(b) in respect of all claims (connected or unconnected) in any consecutive 12 (twelve) month period, the equivalent of two times the total Charges paid by The Customer in that period.
The Company shall have no liability for any failure of the Services caused by an act or omission of a third party supplier or other party of whom The Company is not responsible.
The Customer shall have no liability for loss, theft or damage to any items or equipment of The Customer as used as part of the Services.
- The Mailbox Service provided by the Company will consist of the following services:
- The Company will provide The Customer with a mailbox address at the Premises which will be confirmed in full after sign-up and payment has been made.
- The Customer will pay a reoccurring annual, 6 monthly or monthly fee.
- The Company will notify The Customer in writing by email when they receive mail
- Where a mailbox service is requested at the Premises, The Customer can collect mail from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank / Public Holidays.
- The Customer may use the Mailbox Service address provided by The Company as the Registered Address at Companies House, provided that The Customer complies with Companies House requirements.
- The Company will receive on The Customer’s behalf all pre-paid mail addressed to The Customer’s mailbox.
- The Company will receive items requiring cash on delivery, subject to The Customer making advance arrangements for their receipt and payment by The Company to the satisfaction of The Company.
- If The Customer fails to make any payment, any mail received after the expiry of the existing agreement may, at The Company’s absolute discretion, be retained for up to 30 days pending Payment. In this event, a Late Payment Fee will be charged.
- The Customer undertakes not to use the Mailbox Service for any purpose which in The Company’s considered opinion may be deemed to be illegal or antisocial and if it does so it acknowledges that The Company may report the same to any relevant authority; and not to send or deliver or permit to be sent or delivered to the Premises any illegal, defamatory, obscene, dangerous or bulky object or material.
- The Customer authorises The Company and any of its representatives to sign at their discretion on the Customer’s behalf for any deliveries addressed to the Customer’s mailbox address.
- If The Customer fails to remove any item within one month of notice to that effect being given (“the Notice Date”) then The Customer hereby authorises the Company in its absolute discretion, either to destroy such items or to return them either to The Customer at The Customer’s last known address or to the sender at any time after the Notice Date without further notice at the Customer’s expense.
- If either The Company or The Customer cancel’s the mailing address any items that are located at The Premises will be held for up to 7 days prior to the items being destroyed or returned.
- The Customer will indemnify The Company against any expense, liability, loss, claim or proceedings incurred by The Company arising from use by The Customer of the Mailbox Service, except to the extent that the same is caused by the negligence of The Company.
- The Company is not obliged to open and read mail or tell whom it is from.
- Packages and oversized mail received addressed to The Customer will be held for one week at no extra charge, after which a Package Holding Fee may be levied per item held, per day or fraction thereof. If we start receiving an excessive amount of mail that doesn’t get regularly collected then we will give you a 2 week notice period to collect, after this, we will start to charge 50p per letter and £2.50 per parcel per item, charged per week on a rolling basis. If payment goes unpaid then we will cancel your service.
- The Mailbox Service is not to be used for the storage or delivery of items of value. The Company has no knowledge of the value of any item of mail and will not accept notification of value. The liability of The Company in respect of any damage or loss is limited to £5 for each claim and in aggregate shall not exceed the amount of the Payment in any Term.
- The Company shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profit, nor for any liabilities, costs, claims, demands or expenses arising from any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay or miss-delivery on the part of Royal Mail or any other carrier.
- The Customer may select a Mail Forwarding service which they can arrange themselves. The Company will forward mail to an address nominated by the Customer on an agreed basis. For this service, the Customer will pay the courier direct and The Customer will charge an additional 50p. Further details about mail forwarding can be seen below.
- It is the responsibility of The Customer to notify The Company of any change in address or contact details, or any change to named recipients of mail in writing, during the period of the Mailbox Agreement.
- If we receive any mail from Companies House for a name that The Customer has not previously advised then we will advise The Customer of that mail and then automatically start to charge £5 per name per month on a pro rata rate based on The Customer’s invoice frequency.
- While we allow The Customer to use the Mailbox service for multiple uses it is up to The Customer to make sure that a Virtual Office will meet their needs. No refunds will be given if the service doesn’t meet The Customer’s needs.
- The Mailbox Service purchase will be considered live and operational once the Company has issued the confirmation email. The Term will commence at this time.
- In order to activate the mailbox service The Customer is required to provide the following information: the full name, address and telephone number of all persons for whom mail is to be received, held or forwarded. The nature of business to be undertaken or reason for rental where rental is not for business purposes.
- A copy of photographic ID of the company owner. Acceptable photo ID:
National ID Card
A valid student card
The Company may disclose this information if requested by an appropriate authority or if required for the pursuit of legal action. If The Customer fails to produce valid ID within 30 days of commencement of the Rental Period, the Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to accept delivery of items and/or return them to sender, and cancel the service.
- Money Laundering Regulations 2007 – Under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (as updated from time to time), we may be required to verify the identity of those we deal with. This may include checking against electronic and other databases (public or otherwise).
Shipping of goods & documents
- The Company are acting as an agent to arrange the shipment of goods as requested between The Customer, using our selected (but not limited to) shipping partners UPS or Royal Mail (Carrier).
- It is important to note that the goods being shipped must not be deemed prohibited or restricted by the carrier and we will sent via standard terms. If enhanced liability is required for higher value items then we will need this information before placing an order with the Carrier.
- The Customer agrees that you are happy for us to provide your information to the Carrier including but not limited to contact name, address and telephone number
- The Customer agrees that the goods will be shipped by the standard terms and conditions of the Carrier as seen here. UPS& Royal Mail.
- For each parcel, The Customer shall provide a full and accurate postal address, including the postcode, contact telephone number, email address and the contents.
- Goods will not contain any substance that is dangerous or illegal. A list of dangerous goods and other prohibited items is available from The Company. This includes, but not limited to, the following:
Prohibited: Counterfeit goods, currency, human remains, illegal drugs (including marijuana).
Restricted: Alcoholic Beverages, Dangerous Goods (Including Lithium Batteries), Firearms & Ammunition, Tobacco, Vape.
- The Company acts as an agent for The Customer and accordingly is not liable for any acts or omissions by the Carrier, including but not limited to any liabilities, costs, claims, demands or expenses arising from:
any loss or damage to the Goods
any failure or delay to delivery or mis delivery of the Goods
- The Company’s liability is limited to the level stipulated in the Carrier’s current terms and conditions or, if greater, the value of the Goods declared by The Customer
- All complaints relating to the carriage of the Goods must be notified to The Company immediately upon receipt and addressed in writing to The Company no later than 7 days of the date of shipment
- The Company will make reasonable efforts to resolving complaints with the Carrier but accepts no responsibility for their satisfaction.
- The Customer accepts that no claim relating to Goods damaged on arrival at their destination will be satisfied without an inspection by the Carrier’s local agent of the damaged parcel(s) and packing.
- The Call Answering Service provided by The Company will consist of the following services:
- The Company will provide The Customer with a unique telephone number that will individually assigned to The Customer.
- The Company will answer calls in The Customers name and take a message. Which can include but not limited to Callers Name, Telephone Number, and a brief message.
- Any suitable messages will be relayed but not limited to email or verbal communication with The Customer
- Any additional details required by The Customer must be made in writing to The Company.
- Any additional information getting taken on calls or calls that last longer than 2 minutes in length may result in additional charges that The Company will communicate in writing to The Customer.
- Calls are answered during office hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Excluding Christmas day, Boxing Day, 1st of January & Easter Monday. If any of these days falls at the weekend the subsequent weekday will be taken as a holiday
- Any amendments to these timings will be detailed by The Company in writing to The Customer.
- While The Company will endeavour to pass accurate information when handling a call, there will be occasions on which The Company will fail to record a message and/or details, and/or to pass information on to The Customer correctly or accurately, and we will not under such circumstances be liable or responsible.
- The Company will not under any circumstances be responsible nor liable, should we mishear and/or misunderstand or be unable to understand, a message and/or a caller, whether because the line is poor, the caller is difficult to understand, or the caller’s English is poor.
- The Customer accepts that not every call will result in a message and that some callers will leave insufficient information for a complete message to be sent
- The Customer accepts that the number of messages passed might not match the number of calls charged for on The Customers invoice. This occurs when the call handler provides enough information on the call that a message is not deemed necessary, or the caller doesn’t leave enough details to pass a message to The Customer.
- The Company will not deal with or speak to, any caller who is abusive, or unpleasant, or who shouts or uses bad, inflammatory, sexist, racist or obscene language. When The Company is confronted with such a caller, we will immediately terminate the call, and any subsequent calls. Where possible we will block the caller from our phone system.
- The Company will not accept any call which is a reverse charge call, or any call where The Customer is required to bear the cost of the call
- The Company will not provide any Service which is in anyway, whether directly or indirectly, involved in or associated with, any illegal, defamatory, obscene, sexist, racist, inflammatory or immoral activity, and/or any activity which we determine adversely affects our reputation (Unacceptable Activity).
- Unacceptable Activity will be determined by The Company at our entire discretion, and our determination on the matter will be final and not subject to discussion. This may result in the Call Answering and or subsequent Services being terminated
- The Customer may record calls for internal quality and training purposes only.
- The Company will not under any circumstances be responsible nor liable, should we be unable to receive and/or forward a call, or forward a message to you, whether by telephone, email or other such method, as a direct or indirect result of any: equipment breakdown or malfunction; delay in or breakdown of any telecommunications or internet service; or atmospheric conditions.
- The telephone number provided to The Customer is owned by The Company. If The Customer wants to take ownership of the telephone number, then this should be made in writing to The Company. The Company is under no obligation to grant this, and if they do they will notify The Customer of the charge associated to complete the porting of the telephone number to The Customer.
- The Customer agrees that the porting of any numbers is out with The Customer’s control and will not be liable for any issues
- The Virtual Answering Service provided by The Company will consist of the following:
- The Customer will choose a service based on the amount of hours they will use per month
- The Customer acknowledges that it’s their responsibility to check the duration of work being carried out using the Time Tracking software that The Company will provide upon request
- The Customer will email The Company a description of the work needing carried out including any deadline of when the work is required for
- The Company will produce work with reasonable skill and care, and endeavour to provide the service in accordance with The Customers’ request
- The Customer will provide The Company with the necessary software, equipment to complete the task
- The Company will not be liable if the software or equipment provided is unable to meet The Customer demands.
- The Customer understands that due to the nature of the work on occasions The Company may be unable to carry out the work or meet deadlines and if this occurs The Company will communicate this to The Customer.
- The Customer must obtain and maintain all necessary licences and consents, including to intellectual property rights and comply with all relevant legislation when asking for tasks to be completed.
- If The Company’s performance of its obligations under these Terms is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of its agents, subcontractors, consultants or employees, The Company shall not be liable for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by The Customer that arise directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
- The Customer will be liable to pay The Company, on demand, all reasonable costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by The Company that arise directly or indirectly from The Customers actions including but not limited to fraud, negligence, failure to perform or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under these Terms, subject to The Company confirming such costs, charges and losses to The Customer in writing.
- The Company strongly recommends that The Customer does not include or communicate any bank account, or other financial accounts, or any payment card information. The Customer acknowledges that The Company will have no liability to The Customer in respect of any losses arising out of any such information.
- The Customer should bring any anomalies or errors to The Company within 72 hours of completion of the task. It is The Customers responsibility to ensure that completed tasks/projects are completed to their satisfaction.
- In the event of The Customer having any questions regarding these terms & conditions or services or unhappy with any work or service carried out then they should contact The Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the below link to read how we handle your data.